Friday, February 11, 2011

Pop Bottle

So today I was in Calvin Hall, getting my daily Diet Dr. Pepper, and I was about to throw it away when I started to think about what we talked about in class yesterday.

Apparently in European countries, you can get fined if you throw something away that can be recycled. Wind energy is really popular in Europe, and they have many recycling centers where you divide up your goods into a ton of categories before throwing away your actual trash. It's weird to see how different countries are. Germany doesn't want to have landfills in their back yards, and from what I hear, it is an incredibly clean place. I wonder what would happen if something like that was going on in the U.S. I feel like most people recycle from time to time, but few people really go crazy about it. It'd be neat to see a system like that here!

Recycle please =) http://www.makingthishome.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/glass-recycling.jpg


This was a neat picture I found online of some of the recycling units that they use in Germany.

Til next time,

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment